Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ginger ID

Posted by gingerite Australia (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 3, 07 at 21:30

Hi From Australia.

I have a wide variety of gingers, but one I am unable to identify. It grows to about 3 feet is evergreen, does not flower, has very heavily scented foliage when rubbed between your fngers. It was sold to me as "scented ginger". Goes extremely well in semi-shade to shade. Haven't tried part sun to full sun yet as I have just moved approx 1000 miles and am revitilising my stock.

Can anyone help me with the ID of this ginger?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ginger ID

sounds like the one in my garden I have as "false cardamom". Can you post a photo?

o

Sorry can't at the moment due to relocation. It is only just beginning to grow foliage as it is growing from bare. thanks for your help, much appreciated.

o

Sounds like Alpinia Nutans.

Steve

o

Perhaps Buderim Ginger (in Queensland, Australia) could help out?

Here is a link that might be useful: Buderim Ginger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here