Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new ginger book

Posted by kaempferiaguy 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 2, 07 at 18:55

There is a fantastic new book on gingers now available. "Gingers of Thailand" by Dr. Kai Larsen. It has 184 pages and 183 color pictures. It is published by Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden. It is full of information on wonderful new gingers.It discusses 26 various genera of gingers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new ginger book

Hi, I searched for the book on the web and on the web site of Queen Sirikit BG, but I am unable to have it. How did you get your copy?
Ciao
Alberto

o

Hello do you have a ISBN number from this book?

o

Attention estherwz, you have not provided an e-mail link. The ginger book has no ISBN. It's available only from Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden.

o

for serious ginger collectors I advise you seek out a copy of "Gingers of Sarawak" by Axel Dalberg Poulsen. a small pocket guide, well illustrated all 18 genera native to Sarawak are represented by at least one species. ISBN 983-812-112-6 No Kaempferias alas!

o

Aloha I am in search of a really good book all about gingers with photo's!My father in-law thinks there is only one type of ginger plant. I live in Hawaii and I know of more than one. Hearing this my father in law is interested on anything ginger if any one knows of books that can help me and my father in-law broden our knowledge that would be great!

o

Hardy Gingers: Including Hedychium, Roscoea, and Zingiber (Royal Horticultural Society Plant Collector Guide) [ILLUSTRATED] (Hardcover)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here