Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bihai

Have to trade: Costus lazius 'Yellow Lollipop'

bihai
16 years ago

I have 3 containers of this plant to trade. 2 are gallons, one is a 6-8inchish container.

This is a sweet little costus, very thin stemmed, which blooms terminal bright yellow brachts that get about the size of a large chestnut. My mother plant is just coming into bloom now.

I originally obtained this plant from Aloha Tropicals many years ago. You can look at their website to see their photos, and here are some of mine...there are 2 photos of the plants available to trade (the gallons have at least 12-15 stems). What you see is what you will receive, (No snippets, no teensy divisions. These are established plants that have been in these containers for at least 6 months.) There is also a shot of my parent plants with a close-up of a developing bloom.

This ginger stays small, the entire height of the stand is only about 3 ft-3.5 ft.

LMK if you are interested and what you might have to trade. I am interested in division of orchids, good sized bromeliads that I don't have, ORCHID SHOWER VINE (I think its Congea tomentosa) Hoyas that I don't have (especially Hoya lauterbachii, Hoya magnifica and Hoya archboldiana) or make an offer.

I prefer to trade (by mail) in FLorida, but I will trade (by mail) to other states which I can send plants to/receive plants from without violating the current USDA Agricultural Laws. These states do NOT include: AZ, CA. TX, HI, LA, and Puerto Rico.

{{gwi:841710}}
one of the 1 gal pots available

{{gwi:841712}}
close up of developing bloom

{{gwi:841713}}
my parent stand

Comments (4)

Sponsored