Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joan_in_al

Where to buy ginger

Joan_in_AL
19 years ago

Someone sent me some ginger last year but it never came up. I want to try again. Where is a good place to buy ginger online? I live in a rural area and the stores around me do not carry it.

Comments (10)

• sandy409
    19 years ago

Joan, I was about to post the same question, I can't find any in my area either. I purchased some off of QVC but they haven't came up yet so I'm not to sure about them. They have been planted about 3 weeks now and since I'm new to ginger I'm not sure how long they should take. I'll check back to see if anyone knows where we can buy some.
    Sandy

• Joan_in_AL
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sandy 409 I just typed in ginger on ebay and found several places with it you can bid on or just order it.. some say roots from Hawaii.. I sent the man an email and he said it would come up in about two weeks. I wonder if there are some more hardy than others. I think I will hve to bring my inside when it gets cooler this fall. I'm not sure they would come up.

• sandy409
    19 years ago

I'll check on ebay, did you order any? I saw one of mine was finally breaking through the dirt this morning - sure hope all of them come up. I planted mine in a large pot so I could also bring it in during the winter, I know your winters are alot colder than ours. Keep me posted if you buy some from ebay and how they do. And also if you see any from another source.
    Sandy

• hibiscusboy
    18 years ago

You can buy them online at Aloha Tropicals and Stokes Tropicals.

• Joan_in_AL
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at the sites and can't believe there are so many.

• tropicalfreak
    18 years ago

keep in mind that when you plant ginger you dont plant it as deep as most things.... only about an inch is good....
    cliff

• Joan_in_AL
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for telling me how deep to plant them. I didn't know and probably would have planted them much deeper. I ordered a few from Aloha Tropicals and a place on ebay. Can't wait to see what they look like.. How long does it generally take to see them come up?

• Sunrays
    18 years ago

I have some to trade if you're interested. I just posted on the tropical exchange page.

• sandy0225
    16 years ago

I have some white butterfly ginger I'd trade for something else. Let me know if you need some and didn't find it.

• trishfilimoehala
    13 years ago

I have had mostly bad luck with Aloha Tropicals sending the wrong things and charging high prices. I had great luck with Plant Group - a company from Thailand that has a Hawaii location. I can give you the direct number for the Hawaii Plant Group location or you can go to the Plant Group Thailand website and contact the Hawaii location through the Thailand Company. Please put Ginger/Tropical Plants Information in the subject line and e-mail Filimoehala@Hawaiiantel.net for more information from Trish. I am not selling anything, but I can give information on a company with great service and exceptional prices. (I save 50-90% with them and love the quality and selection!). They ship to all U.S. locations and you do not need an import certificate.

Sponsored