Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squirrels mowing down Dr. Moy

Posted by yummykaz 8TX Spring (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 08 at 23:50

I have horrible squirrel issue. Just had to spen 800 bucks to keep them from eating my lead roof vent pipes. They keep sawing off my Dr. Moy. I have tried to keep bell jar over the ginger, but when they get to tall I remove the glass and then they start sawing them down. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squirrels mowing down Dr. Moy

Nasty things, tree rats. They kept uprooting my Double Eagle hedychium, I finally had to pot it to keep them from killing it.
Okay, environmental issues aside, use moth balls. It works until the rains melt them away and then you have to reapply.
No flaming please, everyone has to do what's right for their situation. At least I don't trade kudzu and water hyacinth and it's very plentiful in my area.

o

I'm having a problem with iguanas! Maybe we could have your squirrels and my iguanas fight in a death match.

o

I have had problems with squirrels, too. I would invest in a pellet gun and practice your head shots. If you can find a nest, destroy it immediately (or they will destroy your house finding materials to add to the nest)!

Another option is to get a dog for the backyard.

o

Well it really had nothing to do with gingers! But we had been looking for 3 years for a dog, and right on my birthday I found her.....her squirrel chasing is limited as we just keep playing and petting her!

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here