Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ginger Rhizomes

Posted by northtexasgirl z8 FTW (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 05 at 14:51

Hi all. Could someone please give me some names of nurseries selling GOOD, reasonably priced rhizomes? I'm trying to start a collection and have never purchased these online. Thanks for your help. :)

Leona

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ginger Rhizomes

You have mail

o

elle, I sent you an email. :)

Leona

o

Would someone please send me this information, too?
TIA

o

Well, I suspect Tim is reluctant to toot his own horn on this forum, so I'll do it for him. There are other sources, but this is as good a place as any to start:

Here is a link that might be useful: Gingerwood Nursery

o

Thanks for the info Lisa. Unfortunately, I just bought some on Ebay and now I'll have to wait and see how those turn out. But I will definitely take a closer look at Tim's site and see if there is anything else...

o

Here's another source. The best way is just to google the type of ginger you're interested in. If you just google ginger, you'll get all kinds of stuff on spices etc., but do a search for Hedychium, Zingiber, Curcuma, Alpinia or whatever, and you'll get a number of sources. There is some good stuff on ebay these days too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Group

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here