Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamesmaloy

Tim Chapman's Book on gingers

jamesmaloy
14 years ago

Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of Tim Chapman's book on gingers form 1995? I have searched on amazon and ebay and no luck. Anyone have a copy for sale? Also looked on Stokes Tropical's website and they don't have it listed either. They had it listed in an older catalog. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

James Maloy

Comments (6)

• cjc45
    14 years ago

I'd contact Stokes. Sometimes if a business just has a few items, they don't list them in a catalog.

• raregingers
    13 years ago

Let me know if you still need one.

• TimChapman
    13 years ago

Hopefully you found a copy. I haven't printed any in several years. The third edition was delayed for years while the nursery etc was closed. Many many other commitments and job related issues got in the way of the important stuff :). Just started writing again, but it will be awhile before it's done. Much more to write about now!

Tim Chapman

• lac1361
    13 years ago

Wow Tim, you're back. Lots of folks on this forum and others have asked about you. Hopefully, things have smoothed out for you and you will be offering plants again. Are you back near Baton Rouge; was it Greenwell Springs?

Steve Lacy

• TimChapman
    13 years ago

Hi Steve,

St Gabriel actually, never left. Too make a long story short. Lost web domain and email address right after Katrina (unfortunately I did not know it was about to expire). Dating, engagement, marriage, old job ended at chem plant but worked hundreds of hours of ot before it closed. New job , then startup project at new job. (2000 hours of ot in a two year frame). Promation and training, taking care of my place and my parents for the 5 years they were in California. This and more took up most of my time. Nursery back running last year. Online ordering should be up by now but a little behind. Turnaround at work has me working 21 nights straight. Still will be doing hilltop and NO botanical sales in Oct.

Tim Chapman

• jamesmaloy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Steve, I agree with your statement about Tim being back. Although I don't know him his reputation in the Ginger world preceded him. And I for one have seen his name all over this site. About your old book and a future new book I will wait for the new book. And I really appreciate you responding. Seems you have packed many of life's adventures into a short time period. Sure hope this forum picks up. I know the economy
    has been rough on many folks myself included but had beautiful flowers to enjoy through this period and my gosh what a heatwave summer.Finally over. I still have many gingers blooming which I get to enjoy daily.
    James Maloy

Sponsored