Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'zingiber cassumunar' source

Posted by phytostudent TX (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 05 at 1:29

I would love to have a few rhizomes to plant in my garden. Does anyone have a source to purchase this ginger or would be willing to share their own?

Have curcuma longa happily growing outdoors; just need to add to my medicinal collection.

Thanks so much,
Rosie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'zingiber cassumunar' source

do a google search for zingiber montanum (which is now the accepted name). Z. cassumunar = Z. purpureum = Z. montanum. The first nursery that comes up has them. :-) (and yes its mine).

Its one of my favorites, they are blooming now (one of the first to bloom). The clump is very well established and the inflors. are much longer this year. normally they aren't long enough to make good cuts, but now they are. The have a very upright form.

Tim Chapman

o
RE: 'zingiber cassumunar' source

Hello Tim~ I am looking to source zingiber cassumunar in various stages and am hoping you can help me. I need these for a Photo shoot in Minneapolis by Jan 23rd. Please let me know ASAP if you can assist me in finding some. There is $$$ for this. Thank you~

Emily Kosokar/emily@photograham.com
Graham Brown Photography
www.photograham.com
612-332-3905

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here