Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted: Seeds from Flowering Gingers

Posted by georgew79 Z5 MO (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 3, 06 at 13:18

Hi all I've posted in the past that I was looking for some seeds from various flowering Gingers or Rhizomes and have been able to get a few of Rhizomes, I donated them to a tropical flower bed that I made for a person who has cancer. So I'm pretty much back to looking for some seeds of various Ginger species for myself. The reason why I want seeds is that I'm disabled and living on a fixed income and can't afford to buy or pay the postage on Rhizomes. I have some Passiflora foetida vines that I could trade, sorry but I don't know what color the flowers are, they will be blooming in a couple of weeks and then I'll know. Also I have various perennial Hibiscus seeds that I could trade and if you like some very rare Bolivian pepper seeds.
If anyone can help me out I would be very greatful. Please feel free to email me at my Yahoo address. Thank you and have a great season.
George W. Z5 Mo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted: Seeds from Flowering Gingers

George,
the only gingers I have that make seeds that can actually be collected are hedychiums, and they don't set seed til what would be the late fall/early winter in your locale. I don't know how fresh they have to be to sprout. We usually bury them immediately and they come up in spring if they are going to. And if the squirrels and armadillos don't get them first.

o
RE: Wanted: Seeds from Flowering Gingers

Hello bihai, you have quite a impressive list of plants that you are growing. It doesn't look like I have anything you want though. I am drooling over all the diferent Ginger varieties that you are growing. Your place must be very beautiful when everything is in bloom, Maybe we could work something out for a Rhizome or two at some point. My finances are very limited, but I really would like to get a few plants going. I have a protected area that is south facing that stays quite warm in the winter. Also I can plant them in large containers and bring them in.
George W. Z5 Mo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here