Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Etlingera Elatior

Posted by ShawnaTX Texas (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 16:03

Hi garden lovers!
I have been trying to propagate Etlingera Elatior seeds but it seems that 2 attempts came with no result. I don't want to give up yet so I am here to see if anyone have ever succeeded grow them. Any tips and tricks are welcome. i hope to get it germinate before this summer is end. Any replies is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Etlingera Elatior

I got some on Ebay previously but they didn't germinate. Don't know if they were too old, or just something I did wrong. Some people say you need to soak them before planting. Good luck.

o

Hi Tropicbreezeb
I soaked them overnight and then put them in the pot with sandy loose soil, wrap the pot with plastic as someone suggested on youtube video to keep the soil moist. But it did not do anything.

o

Putting them on top of the refrigerator works for keeping them warm for germination. But I gave up and ended up getting some plants. I already had the red so I got some whites. They're really beautiful when they flower.

o

Hmm that is a good idea. Will try it, though for now I try placing them on a wet napkin in a ziploc bag together with my dragon fruit seeds. Two of dragon fruit seeds are sprouting. By the way where did you get the EE plants from?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here