Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Open House @ Gingerland

Posted by birdlady_liz z9 cntrl Fla (leneobrien@aol.com) on
Thu, Aug 31, 06 at 0:40

Hey guys, I am having an Open House this weekend. The gingers are blooming and have lots of butterflies, birds and other critters. Any one looking for something to do come on by. email me @ leneobrien@aol.com if you'd like directions. I'm about 30 mins south of Gainesville and 20 mins north of Ocala. Maybe an hour from either coast.
Liz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Open House @ Gingerland

Wish I could make it Liz. I have however emailed my girlfriend that lives in Citra that frequents GW to let her know. She's getting into bananas and gingers and a few other tropicals.
I'm going to send her a few hedys this fall.

o

Kabby,
Thank you ma'am :) You may give her my aol addy if she has any questions as to how to get here.
Sorry you can't make it.
Do you know what ones you'll be sending her? I can show her what they'll look like .
Thanks again,
Liz

o

I'm just getting started, but perhaps you can inform me of what ones have pinstriped leaves (white), other variegated types. I prefer ones that arn't real invasive - are they similar to bamboo - clump and invasive?? What are your favorites? Flowers? I have a yellow/green leaved one, but as it matures, the leaves end up more green. The new growth is still variegated. Wish I could see your GINGERLAND!!

o

hi,
Just sent you an email, and am sending you my AOL photo album as well. I sent you a list of the ones I could think of right off hand (ones I have). If I think of anymore I'll let you know.
Liz

o

Sure wish you or I lived closer, because seeing gingerland would be a real treat I am sure. What a nice thing to do, opening your gardens to others.

FlowerLady

o

Hi Liz could you send me a copy of your photo album, would love to see what you have.
Tks Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here