Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamesmaloy

hedychiums in flower

jamesmaloy
12 years ago

Hi everyone, I have not posted in a long time and was sad to see when I got to this forum that it appears to have almost died.

So my first butterfly ginger to bloom this summer was tangerine. a gorgeous orange that stands over 7 feet tall, it is taking the heat like a champ. Also blooming is pink v, Kanes pink, and ayo, others have their scapes up and ready. Because I am presently unemployed I have not been able to keep them fertilized this summer and God knows it was dry enough in May and June to kill most plants but the majority of the gingers survived and are blooming or are gonna bloom.

One of my two hybrids, I just can't keep calling them seedlings. Is in full bloom with pale creamy orange heads very fragrant around 4 ft tall this year. They were well watered being near the washing machine drain line. The other that I have named Maloy's melon will be in full bloom in another week, it is a nice pale orangey melon color also very fragrant. I have two very large clumps of this one, it is a sight to behold and smell.

Tim chapman I am glad to see you are still around. I have not been to your website in a while but maybe soon I will give it a look.

Everyone stop and smell the gingers.

James Maloy

Sponsored