Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alley_gw

Ginger ID from Home Depot

alley
16 years ago

I'm hoping somebody can give me a place to start. I was at the HD a couple of months ago and there was a house plant that had flowered and had a bunch of seeds (I know, that goes in the seed snatching/ saving forum). Anyway, I couldn't help myself, they were all over the floor. the remains of the flower looked like it might have been pineapple looking. I don't remember the leaves, but I think they might have been rosette shaped (as opposed to the long stalk of the variegated shell they also sell.) I talked to a girl in the houseplant section, and she said it was a ginger (all the label said was assorted foliage--no plant id whatsoever). I tried to plant the seeds, and nothing happened. I tried again, and something is happening (actually about 3 or 4 somethings). It would be nice to know what I might have, but if not, I'll be happily surprised. This was inside in the house plant section. It was fairly small (about a foot or so) and I have no idea what the flower looked like as it had seeded when I found it.

Comments (3)