Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curcumas on Hydroculture.

Posted by PaoMiami 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 14:17

Hello everyone, this is my first blog in here after many months reading all kind of forums.
I recently have transfer some plants from Soil to Clay pellets so I put all my house plants on Hydroculture cause I'm tyre of bugs and pests coming from Home Depot soils (miracle grow potting mix).
At home I have 2 Curcumas Recurvatas, and things haven't being so well. 2 types of soils in 3 months, yellow edges on all the leaves and doesn't look that happy. I think it;s a problem with the soil and maybe over watering. These plants are indoor in a constant temperature of 78-75� F and the small apt. have plenty of indirect light coming from the West.
I was wonder how beneficial could it be to transfer for a 3rd time, and the last one, from a Pot with Soil Potting Mix to full Clay Pellets under a Hydroculture system.
Any advice will be useful ?

Thanks

P.S: Also, I have a small Pachira (Money Tree) would it work on Clay too?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curcumas on Hydroculture.

A couple things: to start there is no such thing as Curcuma recurvata. Perhaps you have C roscoeana?? If it is a Curcuma, a constant temp in the mid to lower 70s is too cold as they are use to much warmer temps and in general gingers don't do so well as houseplants. I can't comment much on hydroponics, but do know there are some growers growing edible Ginger this way, but again in much warmer situations. Depending on what species you have, they may not be receiving enough light as well.

Tim Chapman

o
RE: Curcumas on Hydroculture.

Hi Tim, Sorry, I had a lapsus brutus and I mist my poor Curcuma Laddawan with my Elephant Foot (Recordata).
We finally transfer to the Clay Pallets and looks happy so far, let see how it goes.
Thanks for stoping by.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here