Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curcuma Cordata in Crisis

Posted by PaoMiami none (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 17:26

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!
I have no clue on what's happening to my 2 Corcumas Cordatas, Could they be going into Dormancy? Did I kill them? Please help.

I originally bough this amazing plant back in Aug. It had a florescent that died, and gave me another one from another branch. I transplanted into regular mix soil and split the plan on two, and it looked like she didn't like the idea, and all her leaves got a Yellowish Edge.
But like a week ago I transplanted them again, as all my plant at my apt. to Hydroculture. And since this moment, that leaves started get burnt and folding from the edge to the center spine of the leave, lik long rolls. She had plenty of water supply with non-boric nutrients and plenty of light all day. Mainly in the afternoon.

May be the plant didn't like the transplants, the clay or may be so much movement make her think it was time to sleep. Plase, can anyone help me out on this one? I'm clules on the Dormant process.

Thank you .

Photobucket

PS: Does anyone know witch plant is this ? I bought it from Home Depot as
part of a Mix Pot. Any idea? Thank again.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curcuma Cordata in Crisis

Ok, here are the picture form the root system.
Can someone explain me what this is what and what should I do?
Does this plant look sick?

Thank you

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Sorry for the late reply, but you probably already figured out that the curcumas go dormant in the fall. Mine are just now starting to produce leaves or flowers after dormancy, but the leaves on yours look just like mine do at the end of the year

The plant from home depot looks to be very likely the common Indian rubber tree. The leaves are dark green, flexible and succulent with tiny light spots close to the margins when young. I often see it placed in group plantings at home depot.

o

AS YOU SEE THE DATE IS OCT. 15 AND IT IS GOING DORMANT. YOU MIGHT FIND THAT IT DOES THIS EACH TIME YOU CHANGE ITS SOIL OR GROWING CONDITIONS. I GROW MINE IN THE YARD WITH PLENTY OF WATER AFTER WARM UP IN SPRING. PINEBARK HAS BEEN THE BEST SOURCE OF FLOWER STALKS IN SPRING AND IF WATERED TOO SOON WILL ONLY PRODUCE LEAVES. REGULAR GROUND PLANT MATTER WITH BLACK COW IS A GOOD SOURCE FOR APTS. ECT. I HAVE IT EVERYWHERE AND YOURS IS GROWING NEW SHOOTS TO CONSERVE ITSELF. I HAVE JUST CLIPPED OFF THE OLD STALKS AND LET THE NEW SHOOTS GROW.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here