Return to the Ginger Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In need of heliconias and gingers

Posted by mayanflora Los Angeles (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 29, 06 at 23:52

Hello fellow gardeners,
Like many of you, I've experimented with many plants to see how well they do in my garden. Well, for the past five years I have heard that heliconias will not do well in this corner of the world(Los Angeles). Well,for the past two years I have grown two kinds of heliconias, and at least one has flowered giving me the pleasure to breath over my effort and hard work. I now need your help to exchange with me some of your rhyzomes. Any of your babies will be well with me. My goal for this coming year to exhance my tropical garden. I'll send you pics later. Happy New Year 2007 and God bless you all for maintaining his exotic plants alive

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In need of heliconias and gingers

where in LA are you and what heliconias bloomed for you?
i am in culver city and have about 30+ varieties of heliconia,and was the first here to get rostrata to bloom and also the jade vine
email me and we can chat some more
gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ginger Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here