o
RE: The most beautiful garden in world

Butchart Garden, The Butchart gardens

o

Butchart Garden, The Butchart gardens

o

I just googled Butchart Garden, thank you for that, it was lovely. I kept thinking they sure must use a lot of water :) but that is coming from a dry dry part of CA.

o

Interesting what North Americans think is the best garden...I've never been abroad but Kew Gardens and Chatsworth House in Derbyshire are stand out examples in the UK, not quite so many waterfalls mind you ;)

o

Interesting what North Americans think is the best garden...I've never been abroad but Kew Gardens and Chatsworth House in Derbyshire are stand out examples in the UK, not quite so many waterfalls mind you ;)

o

I think the most beautiful gardens are the ones that someone tends out of love.

They're more accessible, more 'hands-on, & they have a happiness & contentment about them.

I love the vistas & the scale of the big public or mansion gardens, but they're a little contrived & a little remote, while the cottage gardens where someone's grandmother tends the roses & the vegetable patches where the mom or dad tells the kids, "Run out & bring me a tomato & a smallish cucumber" are intimate, immediate, & real.

o

Montreal Botanical Gardens.
Easy to get to; hard to leave. The first time I ever visited was in November, when everything was frozen solid, but before snow, and it was still fantastic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Going Green Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here