Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenguy1956

We Need Ideas!!!!

greenguy1956
13 years ago

Hello , everyone we need people to submit ideas for going green. Tips that do not cost anything and different uses for items that would help save the planet and some money. My tips are #1 Start a compost use the compost as potting soil and amendment in your garden. #2 catch some bath water to use to flush the toilet#3 Ask for paper that is used only on one side from an office or reclycling center to use in your home office we use it to print paypal payments from our e-bay transactions then we shred it to add to our compost.We have saved a lot on paper. Come on people give us some good free ideas!!!!

Comments (7)

• sylviatexas1
    13 years ago

If you have hens or hamsters or gerbils, you can use shredded paper for their bedding & then compost it, sort of a double benefit.

Add your coffee grounds & filters & your used teabags to the compost, & almost any liquid-
    stale soft drinks, flat beer, leftover wine, the water in which you've cooked your vegetables, etc.

• greenguy1956
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the tips Sylvia I think this is a dead forum Ill see you in Composting!

• samgrower4u
    11 years ago

Come let us reason we're in this together, their are issues affecting us and our surrounding. Let become green which affects our food and air plant a green tree on planet earth to help improve a green global environment trees promote clean air sustain life for all of us.

Here is a link that might be useful: green planet earth

• greenthumbzdude
    11 years ago

1. use a bicycle or walk to places you want to go
    2. Don't mow your lawn as often (removing it entirely would be best)
    3. Don't use any pesticides, herbicides, or unnatural fertilizers
    4. Collect rainwater (to water your plants)
    5. Compost your waste
    6. Unplug your TV and Computer when your not using it...these devices still use electricity when their not on.
    7. take quick showers (less than 5 minutes to conserve water)
    8. Remove yourself from junk mail lists to save paper
    9. Drive with the windows up....keeping them down actually burns more fuel

1. if its yellow let it mellow if its brown flush it down
      (I am referring to the toilet here)
    2. Plant deciduous shade trees around your home ( just find an acorn and plant it, it will cool your house down in summer while keeping it warm in winter)
    3. In general, alot of money saving tips are green as well.
  • livelydirt
    11 years ago

Stop using soap to wash yourself unless you've been playing Grease Monkey. I haven't used soap in the shower for over a year. Saves money, pollution... I just use a wash cloth to rub the dead skin cells off... and I don't stink either. Still use a minimal amount of shampoo every third day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soapless Shampooo

• richardeckstein
    10 years ago

Go see freefertilizer.com you will get a lot of ideas

You will love it.
    Think green with Free Fertilizer.inc

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Fertilizer Inc

• zzackey
    10 years ago

Use a hugel garden for your veggies and flowers. It recycles everything in your yard. After one year, if you build it right, you won't have to water or fertilize. I save my kitchen scraps for my new hugel. Amazed at how many scraps I get every day. The trash men are happy! We are the only ones on our street that don't put our can out every week.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?