Return to the Going Green Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solar powered Chicken Coop.

Posted by solar_mike Zone 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 9, 10 at 9:09

We just upgraded our home with a 4kw Solar electric System. We also choose to upgrade our chicken coop to a off the grid solar electric system. It will poser any outdoor equipment and all lights for the chickens to help increase there winter egg production along with powering a heating and ventalation system. I attached a photo of the coop without the solar. I will post another picture with it attached when it is done.

How do you attach a photo?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solar powered Chicken Coop.

Wish I could help with picture posting but I gave up on it myself.

I think it's great that you have gone solar with the house! I went solar this year too with a hybrid 10+ kw system (grid tie/battery back-up) and still marvel at my silent power system.

Did you go with batteries too? The chickens will love you for the warmth on those cold nights!

o
RE: Solar powered Chicken Coop.

captturbo upload pictures to a hosting site like photobucket. Then copy the HTML code below the picture and paste it in your message here on GW.

o
REE: Solar powered Chicken Coop.

OOPS! I directed that at the wrong person. DOH!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Going Green Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here