Return to the Going Green Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ecofreindly Cabinets

Posted by JeannieMer MD (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 21:35

need to select an eco cabinet now....shaker style white painted. So, which brand is best? Semi-healthy, no formaldehyde but is quality and reasonably priced? Leaning towards Christiana.....anyone have these installed?

1. Breath Easy [from Green Depot in NY]
2. Tedd Wood [from Barron Kitchens in Gaithersburg, MD]
3. Ecofriendly line from Executive Cabinets [from Amicus Green Building in Kensington, MD]
4. Earthfriendly by Christiana [from Kitchen and Bath Studios in Bethesda, MD]
5. - KountryKraft [from an independent designer, love her, maybe not the cabinet brand]
6. CrownPoint [direct + milkpaint :) [but pricey!]

Should I consider any other brands? Should I immediately eliminate one from my short list? Is there somethings that i should be looking for to compare these brands?

Does anyone have installed cabinets that are eco-friendly and they love?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ecofreindly Cabinets

I'm on the same hunt, but on the other coast. :) Have you thought about Ikea? They adhere to European admissions standards, not U.S.

o

Did you find one?

o

Not yet, will place an order in the next month or so, but I am still finalizing the layout.

o

You should check out this thread

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0723110617130.html?21510

o

You are probably acquainted with compound board; this content is typically created with the scraps from wood generators and produced with harmful urea formaldehyde.

o
RE: Ecofriendly Cabinets

thanks for the input. as of this date, i am leaning towards Christiana Cabinetry. A bit more expensive, but wow, what a beautiful cabinet. Like fine furniture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Going Green Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here