Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanna try to create my own gourds this year.

Posted by CorysProduce z7 Maryland (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 16, 05 at 16:52

Hello everyone, i grow many gourds every year. This year i want to save a spot at the end of my garden to try and pollinate certain gourd plants with different plants to make a different kind of gourd. Does anyone know of a site that can tell me which pumpkins need to be pollinated together to make a certain one ? I.E, what do i cross with a acorn squash, to get a white acorn ? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanna try to create my own gourds this year.

So far, you've mentioned 'gourds', 'pumpkins', and 'squash'. While in the same family they are three separate things. Someone here on the forums may have some guidance for you. Check with your local Cooperative Extension Service for booklets or bulletins on cross-pollination. Good luck.

Jan

o
RE: Wanna try to create my own gourds this year.

I'm pretty decent with Hardshells, but I can`t help you with edibles.

~K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here