Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this?

Posted by jamie1450 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 8, 14 at 18:27

Any idea what this is? I put a pumpkin carcass in our yard in October and now these are popping up everywhere in that side of the yard but not exactly where I put the pumpkin. I just never noticed these plants/weeds until today. I'm putting in my first garden this year so I know very little about gardening. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this?

A mutt, squash are very promiscuos.

o

They look like pumpkin seedlings but i am not sure.

o

That looks very much like a weed that grows around here.
It is Common Mallow.

http://www.scottslawnservice.com/sls/templates/index.jsp?pageUrl=slscommonmallow

o

It looks like Mallow to me, too. It is super-duper invasive in my yard. An attractive plant, and the flowers are are pretty, too, but don't let it fool you. Let just one of of these suckers go to seed and you will have 500 million of them growing everywhere. Each root goes clear to china and if it breaks off...it just grows back. Every little root left in the ground grows a whole new plant. Can you tell, I don't like mallow? :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here