Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaktuskris

Another Use for Unwanted Pumpkins

kaktuskris
13 years ago

After growing 3 good sized pumpkins this year, I found I did not have use for all three. Just down the street from us is the Massachusetts SPCA. Problem solved. The two resident pigs awaiting adoption made short work of my pumpkins and I was happy to give them a treat.

Christopher

Comments (8)

• mrs.b_in_wy
    13 years ago

Awww. How nice of you. Who's "DADA"?

• kaktuskris
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dada is me. I carved my son's name on another pumpkin.

Christopher

• mrs.b_in_wy
    13 years ago

Gotcha :)

• groall
    13 years ago

I'm not computer smart..Mrs.B, how do I add a photo to my post....can't figure it out....have a nice one of my pumpkin eater......

• mrs.b_in_wy
    13 years ago

Oooohhh. Can't wait to see :)

I sort of make this up as I go. Do you already have an account at one of the image hosting services? (I use Photobucket, but there are several. Most, maybe all, offer a free account.) Anyway, if you haven't already done so, open an account at one of the hosting sites, upload the pics you want to share. I usually edit mine (cropping, compressing, etc.) on Microsoft Office before uploading. (Compressing is especially important. 5-6 megabytes per pic seems to be a no-no for the web.)

When you have your pics uploaded to the hosting service, you'll have options to share them. In Photobucket, when I scroll over a pic, a drop-down menu appears with links I can copy. Copy the one labeled "HTML code." It starts out with "Come back to the message window in GW and paste the link here. Sometimes it takes a bit of fussing to get everything right. The preview button is your friend :)

I'm bad at instructions. I saw where someone posted some really great ones a while back. If my sketchy instructions don't help, please post back, and I'll go find the real deal for you. And if someone else can help, please do chime in :)

Lastly, here's a cheat sheet I use when I want to do "clickable links" like the ones on my trade list.

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    13 years ago

After removing and toasting the seeds, I cut a few holes in the sides and let my chickens hollow it out.

• groall
    13 years ago

Mre.B.....I'm going to give it a try...but wanted to let you know....have the seeds, it's a go on the Ukrainian Squash...hopefully I can let you know how they turn out...now to try the pic.

• mrs.b_in_wy
    13 years ago

Quirkpod has some lucky chickens :)

Groall - That was some quick service on the Ukrainian Squash seeds. Good luck with them. I ran across the photo-posting query on the seed exchange conversation side and posted it below. Hopefully it will help you.

PS - I just received some Tonda Padana seeds and American Tonda seeds to try. Looking forward to seeing how they do. Thanks David!

Here is a link that might be useful: please help me post a pic

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm