Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have Any Of You Received This Email?

Posted by Sandhill_Farms 10 NV (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 18, 05 at 18:50

I just received the following email and was wondering if any of you received it as well? I didn't respond to it because I have no seeds to give, and also because I'm a very cautious person. Notice that there's no address to send seeds to anyway.

Delivered-To: gsmith@mvdsl.com
To: gsmith@mvdsl.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:11:01
X-visitor: 12851078264582
X-remote-addr: 217.219.167.71
X-mailer: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Subject: gourd seed request

[This message originated at GardenWeb]

Hi Dear Greg:I am a student of agriculture and living in Iran.I have to working on growing gourds for my thesis but unfortunately i did,nt find specialy ornamental ones in my country.I greatly apreciate if you kindly send me just a few seeds of your gourds.That is very kind of you.with my best wishesM.Reza.Rezai

Greg
Sandhill Farms
Nevada

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have Any Of You Received This Email?

yeah, I got something very similar to what you posted.

o

"yeah, I got something very similar to what you posted."

So being the cautious one that I am, (and now curious), what do you feel the rub is on this?

Greg
Sandhill Farms
Nevada

o

I just received this email also. I was curious to see if anyone else had gotten it so I mozied on over here to the gourd forum and here you are with the same email. I dont have any seeds but did notice there was no address.

o

Probably harmless. The e-mail I got had no address,nothing sinister attached to it, and seemed to be generated from an on-line language translator. My guess would be that it was a sincere request for free gourd seeds. I wonder how gourds would grow in Iran?

o

I got the same email, and figured it was legit---but we don't grow any ornamentals and wouldn't have saved seed from them anyhow.
As for how ornamentals would grow in Iran, I think they would have less a chance than hard shell gourds.

Jan

o

Beautiful, delicious melons are grown in Iran. Therefore, I think gourds would do very well.

o

I noticed that the e-mail address is from the US, but anybody can sign up for one from there US or not. Whoever sent it may be trolling. You answer and he has a confirmed address to sell.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here