Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I would like to trade for some hard shelled gourds

Posted by kvalentz 5- NE Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 20:45

Hi,
I would like to make some more birdhouses from gourds again this year, and I would like to try some different varieties. I have used Swan Neck gourds and Birdhouse gourds, does anyone have anything different that they think I would like to use to make birdhouses out of? I like the Apple gourds that I have seen, for one. A website that I was just on researching different types of gourds uses leather dye to dye the gourds, I have always painted and sealed them but they look awesome. Has anyone ever dyed them? Please take a look at my trade list and if you find something to trade I would be thrilled!
Thank you, Kathy
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I would like to trade for some hard shelled gourds

Hi Kathy
I don't have any gourds myself - have you checked with the Ohio Gourd Society? Do a google search and see what you come up with. If you plan to be at the Indiana Gourd Show (South Bend IN) there will be many vendors there from down south who have amazingly stong and thick-shelled gourds - Tom Keller is one I like to buy from as his gourds are nice, clean and thick - so perfect for chip carving! Last year at the Indiana show there was a woman there who was showing dying gourds with Rit dye ... perhaps someone in here has information on doing that. If you want brighter colors you could check out Mardi Gourds for the Memories Inks - they come in all colors and are color fast - won't fade. Wish I could help you more but that is about it from me ... for now!
Magic in Michigan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here