Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magickiwi

michigan gourders???

magickiwi
17 years ago

I am looking for gourders in Michigan.

Hoping that we can get enough together to have a gathering, a time to share ideas and techniques. It would be nice to get together about the middle of the State - Lansing area perhaps?

Please drop me an email at MagicKiwi@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you!

MagicKiwi - SW Michigan

Comments (4)

• rich8141gourds
    17 years ago

Hi my wife and I belong to the indiana gourd society and belong to patch 1 for the society we meet monthly in northern indiana and you are welcome to attend any of our meeting. please bring friends with you. at our meetings we have gourd discussions and hands on crafting being tought by our own members. we live only 2 miles south of the michigan line near three oaks michigan. hope to see you and your friends soon.

• magickiwi
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for the invitation to join in your patch meeting. We are trying to get a Michigan patch going - wish us luck! I would like to hear more about your patch meetings - when you begin and end etc. Where do you hold them? Do you have to pay for your meeting place? I would appreciate it if you would drop me an email.

Hope to meet you both at the show in Kokomo ... will you be taking any of the classes?

• rich8141gourds
    17 years ago

Hi so sorry that it has taken so long to respond. i thought any responses would go to my e mail. which is rich8141@wmconnect.com. we try to meet every month and the meeting last from 2 to 3 hours and sometime we all hang around for more talk after the meetings. all meeting we have something to eat and drink. we do not charge for our meetings and we usually pick a topic the meeting before so we can learn the following month. yes we will be in kokomo i am the co-chairman of this years show when you get there just ask for rich and brenda rodriguez and they will all know who we are and we can meet you and we will be there thurs,fri, sat, sun. and look forward to meeting you also we would be willing to attend one of your meetings to help get you started. it will be alot of fun and we do look forward to seeing you in kokomo. rich

• magickiwi
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the information - I look forward to meeting you and Brenda at Kokomo. I do appreciate you volunteering to come to Michigan ... we finally said "enough talk ... let's set a date and have a meeting in Lansing". Karen (who will be at Kokomo and I am sure you must know) found a place to meet for free - a banquet room in a restaurant and the only thing we HAVE to do is have a meal while there. We scheduled around the noon hour. I know it is really short notice for you and so close to the show - you must be so busy now - but if you can make it that would be wonderful. It would be wonderful to have someone there who could talk about experiences in a gourd patch.

I will post the meeting, time, date and location on here separately. If you, or anyone else, can come - do let me know!

Cheers - Rita in Kalamazoo

Here is a link that might be useful: Michigan Gourds

Sponsored