Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source for seeds for interesting/heirloom pumpkins

Posted by rouge21 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 17:57

I am trying to source seeds for a family member who wishes to grow, in his words, "more interesting pumpkins".

He is Ontario Canada.

Any suggestions re variety and company?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source for seeds for interesting/heirloom pumpkins

Don't know what you mean by interesting, but Sandhills has the biggest collection of winter squash available. Many of the currently popular ornamentals: One Too Many, Mr Wrinkles, Knucklehead, Speckled Hound, The white pumpkins, Goosebumps etc are available form Siegers, Stokes, Rupp etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter squash

o

I can't believe more people didn't chime in on this. My absolute favorite seed company is Baker Creek. Awesome seeds and varieties. They have nearly 100 winter squash varieties this year. Also Hudson Valley Seed Company.

o

• Posted by JWW_1 8B / 9A Foley, AL (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 9:11

I ordered from Baker's Creek for the first time this year. All seeds have done well and have given me strong plants.

I ordered Jarrendale (blue) pumpkin, New England Sugar Pie pumpkin, Malali watermelon, Mn Midget melon, Delice De Table melon, and some summer squash. Forgive spelling errors.

I would recommend ordering from them, and plan to order myself other varieties to try before settling on a few favorites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here