Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gourd Show in Kokomo??

Posted by gourd_friends z5/6 IL (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 05 at 9:21

This is the weekend for the Indiana Gourd Society's big show in Kokomo, IN. We're going Saturday. Anyone else going to be there?

Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: Indiana Gourd Society

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gourd Show in Kokomo??

What a show.....so many gourds......Ginger Summit.....
tools...books....supplies... gourds.....music.....parade...
auction.....more gourds and great gourd folks.
Sorry you missed it.
So, what's going on in your area???

Jan

o

Oh Jan - I didn't miss it!!!! You're right - what a show! I took my neighbor this year - I'm trying to turn her into a gourdhead - I think I may have suceeded!! LOL! I just loved that orchestra they had this year too - didn't you????
Loved the (old time) music!!

o

You're right about the music, Hengal. The Saturday morning jazz was wonderful.....the folk trio with the gourd fiddle was great, and the country/folk group in the afternoon was super!! I'm glad we got lots of photos...I loved everything I saw! Do you have a favorite? We joined the Indiana Gourd Society and hope to take part in other Indiana events.

Jan

o

Is the Kokomo show bigger than the one in the fall in Ohio?
I thought the one in Chicago would be huge, but it is smaller than the one in Ohio. thanks.

o

Not having been to the Ohio show, I really can't comment. However, you're right about the Chicago show needing to grow in order to compare to the Kokomo show.
If it weren't for the Botanic Gardens, we might not make the effort to go. The Illinois Gourd Society is also hosting a downstate Gourd Gathering near Arthur, IL, June 4, 2005. This will be its third year, and it has the potential to be a really nice show.

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here