Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greif_gw

white pumpkin

greif
18 years ago

does anyone know where to get seeds for white pumpkins? I'm looking for ones that ahve a nice jack o lantern type shape 5-15 lbs.

thanks

Comments (9)

• chiggie14
    18 years ago

There are some on ebay. Just search for 'white pumpkin seeds'.

• trmeyer
    18 years ago

I don't know if you have found yours or not, but I got mine at our local wal-mart for .97.

Tracy M

• Vera_EWASH
    18 years ago

Got mine at K-Mart...Pumpkin 'Baby Boo'

Vera

• sueloring
    18 years ago

Nice white pumpkins are "Lumina" or "Casper". Both are about volleyball or basketball size. I get my seeds at either WalMart or the local Ace Hardware. You can order them online just type their names in Google.

• ciaobella
    18 years ago

I bought some last year at the True Value Harware store, or Jung's (garden store) or maybe even Wal-Mart. I'm in Madison, and they did OK. I think I maybe watered them too much--I got a lot of foliage but not too many pumpkins. The pumpkins I got were very attractive.

• pickles333
    16 years ago

Do you or have you seed of a White Fortuna, Pear shaped Pumpkin??? Im looking for some seeds to plant Thank you

• weirdtrev
    16 years ago

Any garden center that sells seeds will more than likely have burpee's lumina and maybe others.

On a side note since wal-mart has been mentioned several times has anyone else found their seeds to worthless. I bought a packet of sweet corn for .97 and of the 30 seeds I planted only 3 ever came up. I looked on the package and it was packed for 2007. The best I can figure they must recycle seeds from previous years since I know corn seeds are viable for 2 years. I planted other varieties of sweet corn not from wal-mart and every single seed sprouted. My advice don't buy seeds from wal-mart.

• bluensilver
    16 years ago

I also had seeds from Wal-mart not sprout...these were pumpkin seeds though. There were about 10 seeds in the pack and not a single one ever emerged. Lumina, Casper, and Cotton Candy are good jack-o-lantern white pumpkins. Baby Boo are miniature pumpkins, they are the size of Jack-Be-Little's. If you don't want to get seeds from a local store or ebay there are tons of seed company catalogs that carry them. Try Burpee's, Harris Seeds, Twilley, or Gurney's. I believe all of them carry white jack-o-lantern pumpkins.

• dickcola
    16 years ago

I planted some this year, the main stem died but the various shoots dug in and stayed alive I got several pumpkins started but they would die everytime I watered so I quit watering,right now it looks as though I have 5 plants they all have dead pumpkins (golf ball size) except one (softball size) I'm afraid to water or feed. any help would be appriciated.
    Rick

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County