Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white pumpkin

Posted by greif Wisconsin z 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 10, 05 at 21:34

does anyone know where to get seeds for white pumpkins? I'm looking for ones that ahve a nice jack o lantern type shape 5-15 lbs.
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: white pumpkin

There are some on ebay. Just search for 'white pumpkin seeds'.

o

I don't know if you have found yours or not, but I got mine at our local wal-mart for .97.

Tracy M

o

Got mine at K-Mart...Pumpkin 'Baby Boo'

Vera

o

Nice white pumpkins are "Lumina" or "Casper". Both are about volleyball or basketball size. I get my seeds at either WalMart or the local Ace Hardware. You can order them online just type their names in Google.

o

I bought some last year at the True Value Harware store, or Jung's (garden store) or maybe even Wal-Mart. I'm in Madison, and they did OK. I think I maybe watered them too much--I got a lot of foliage but not too many pumpkins. The pumpkins I got were very attractive.

o

Do you or have you seed of a White Fortuna, Pear shaped Pumpkin??? Im looking for some seeds to plant Thank you

o

Any garden center that sells seeds will more than likely have burpee's lumina and maybe others.

On a side note since wal-mart has been mentioned several times has anyone else found their seeds to worthless. I bought a packet of sweet corn for .97 and of the 30 seeds I planted only 3 ever came up. I looked on the package and it was packed for 2007. The best I can figure they must recycle seeds from previous years since I know corn seeds are viable for 2 years. I planted other varieties of sweet corn not from wal-mart and every single seed sprouted. My advice don't buy seeds from wal-mart.

o

I also had seeds from Wal-mart not sprout...these were pumpkin seeds though. There were about 10 seeds in the pack and not a single one ever emerged. Lumina, Casper, and Cotton Candy are good jack-o-lantern white pumpkins. Baby Boo are miniature pumpkins, they are the size of Jack-Be-Little's. If you don't want to get seeds from a local store or ebay there are tons of seed company catalogs that carry them. Try Burpee's, Harris Seeds, Twilley, or Gurney's. I believe all of them carry white jack-o-lantern pumpkins.

o

I planted some this year, the main stem died but the various shoots dug in and stayed alive I got several pumpkins started but they would die everytime I watered so I quit watering,right now it looks as though I have 5 plants they all have dead pumpkins (golf ball size) except one (softball size) I'm afraid to water or feed. any help would be appriciated.
Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here