Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squash blooms falling off

Posted by aja2 7 (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 08 at 11:09

WHY? I have only one zucchini plant that has just bloomed & bloomed & bloomed. But the blooms all fall off and no babies. The stems look like they were snipped off. There are no chew marks or other obvious evidence of bugs.
What's happening?

This is the only squash I planted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squash blooms falling off

Do any of those fallen blooms have little squash attached to them? If they don't, then your plant is still only producing male flowers. Chances are, the female flowers will soon follow.

George
Tahlequah, OK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here