Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squash nutrients?

Posted by jcbecker CA (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 14 at 12:19

I planted my squash seeds in mid March in it's own container then I transplanted it to my raised garden bed. Since I have transplanted it, it has barely grown and now the leaves are turning yellow. Is there something else the plant needs? It's watered everyday and is in direct sunlight for about 6-7 hours a day. Any info will greatly be appreciated! I planted both spaghetti squashes and zucchini.

This post was edited by jcbecker on Sat, May 17, 14 at 16:06

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squash nutrients?

The young leaves look good. Probably needs more nutrients but I'm no expert on what. I had squash plants that looked like that last year and I added bird poop to the soil. The following week the leaves turned a nice dark green.

o
RE: Squash nutrients?

Hi, I see this post is from last month so I may be too late. I had a similar problem and it turned out they were lacking nitrogen. You could try a fertilizer high in nitrogen or fish emulsion or worm castings depending on your preference. Once they start flowering and fruiting though you'll probably want to switch to something lower in nitrogen. Hope it helps!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here