Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Gourds ?????

Posted by wert9wert z10FL (My Page) on
Thu, May 12, 05 at 16:33

Well, now I'm completely confused.

I ordered 50 canteen seeds from a lady on EBay and 10 chinese bottle seeds from a gourd seed dealer.

Three weeks ago 10 seeds came in the mail and I planted them, got three sprouts, built a trellis, and am watching them grow.

Last week, the 24 chinese bottle seeds arrived from the gourd seed dealer, which I put in the refrigerator.

There was no markings on the original 10 seeds I received three weeks ago (guess I assumed they were the bottle seeds) and I don't think I paid any attention who sent them.

I keep getting emails through EBay from the lady with the canteen seeds asking me to pay. I just emailed her and told her the check was sent on April 15.

So now I don't know what I planted ... but they're growing!

What a mystery!!!!!
Loretta

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Gourds ?????

Hi Loretta,
First thing I'd do is check with the bank to see if the check has been processed. If it is there, get a copy of the front AND back, then send her the copy to prove she has been paid.
As for the seeds, its always a bit of a guessing game as to what they will turn out like, so plant them and you'll find out in a few months.

Jan

o

Also, eBay sellers don't send your item(s) until you pay. If she thinks you still haven't paid, it's probably not her seeds you planted. Maybe someone gifted you with the first pack of seeds.

However, the first baby gourd should tell you if they're canteens. Even when they're tiny they look like little wheels of cheese, and baby bottles look just like big bottles.

Casey

o

wheels of cheese????? baby bottles?????? What a clever way of describing! Now I REALLY can't wait to see what I planted :)

Loretta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here