Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby Pumpkins Dying!

Posted by beauregard21 GA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 6, 10 at 14:58

Hello, I'm new to growing pumpkins and I am growing some type of pie pumpkin although I don't know the exact species. My problem is that the little female flowers with baby pumpkins on them have been falling off! They are green and cute at first and then they start to turn orange/yellow and the little pumpkin gets wrinkled and then the bottom of the flower turns brown and if you just lightly touch them they fall off. All of my male flowers are blooming but I'm not sure what to do about the female flowers. The pumpkin plant has sustained a little damage from having to be transplanted into the ground, but I don't think that's it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby Pumpkins Dying!

Don't worry about it. This is one of the most common questions we see, posted here, about this time of year. The plant isn't ready to support those female flowers. But, when it grows more, it will begin to set fruit. It's just nature's way to protect the plant until it has the support system to mature fruit.

George
Tahlequah, OK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here