Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Powdery Mildew on Squash seedlings?

Posted by benjohnson 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 15:14

I have squash seedlings that are maybe 8-10" tall with 3-4 leaves and they seem to have powdery mildew. I've had it before late in the season, but never in the beginning. Should I be concerned since it's affecting smaller plants?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Powdery Mildew on Squash seedlings?

Yes be concerned and alarmed but not paranoid for I will give you my advise on a solution that will take a tiny bit of effort and repetition mix a powdered milk solution with water and spray upper and lower leaves and soil and sprinkle powdered milk all over the surface of the soil after you water them with a 9 to one ration with water and milk then next couple of days spray with baking soda and water mix the next couple days spray with 1 tablespoon vinegar mix with 1 gallon water, take a blender and put in almost hot water and puree many garlic cloves then strain thru regular strainer to catch most of the pulp into a finer yogurt type strainer now you have your concentrate that you can store in frig up to 3 to 4 weeks use alone diluted and spray plants or mix in combination with all the above if you wish alternate with the baking soda then next 2 or 3 days apple cider vinegar once in awhile top and bottom of leaves and the soil surface stay up on all these suggestions for awhile even on near by plants cause this has spread and will come back do this for about two weeks then lay back and do every 2 weeks and you should have total success with you hard earned harvest(P.S. very lightly sprinkle soil then leave with cinnamon important lightly on leaves heavier on soil,plus cinnamon keeps ants away

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here