Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fuzzypete

What ails this young plant?

FuzzyPete
10 years ago

Hi there,

First time posting and first year growing a garden from seed. I have a couple of beds. This one bed has a few pumpkins growing in it.. Almost all of the seeds came up around the same time and the new plants are looking healthy. However, this one plant came up a little later, got its' first true leaves while looking quite healthy. Rather quickly, though, the coltyledon turned brown and dried up and now the true leaves are following. I would think water (because of the dryness), but there is another plant on the "hill" that has no issues that I can see... In the picture, you can see that healthy plant in the background. So, i was thinking pests... I did notice that my companion sunflower had a pile of little little white bugs running up and down the stem, and it appeared that the closer pumpkins did as well... I figured that these were spider mites and used some insecticidal soap on the little buggers.. They are gone for the last couple of days, but i am waiting to see if that helps my poor plant here...

any thoughts?

Comments (4)

Sponsored