Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pamelazzzzz

Pumpkin Leaves Turning Yellow

pamelazzzzz
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Firstly, thanks to everyone for the helpful replies and postings, I've been using this forum for great reference and help!

I am a new gardener and come from a small town with lots of space where everyone has fruits and vegetables and lots of growth. Then I moved to NYC a few years ago and that all changed. So this year, my bf and I decided to make our own roof top garden and try to grow some vegetables. So we decided to grow some pumpkins.

The pumpkins are 3 weeks old from seeds. They are located as I said in a rooftop garden.

The last week or so the leaves have turned from a green to a yellow. Does anyone know why? I read about lack of nitrogen and lack of water - but not sure which one, if any. Does anyone know how much water pumpkins should get? We have to rely on lugging watering cans up to the roof, so trying to make the best of it. Any help is appreciated.

A picture of today's pumpkins:

Also, I should note that in the same box, our corn is doing the same thing, turning a yellow in the leaves (pic below). The other vegetables (beans, peas, tomatoes, peppers, carrots) are beautiful and healthy.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21