Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How many Zucchini do I have?

Posted by Brett801 South Jordan, UT (5) (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 17:28

Hello all,

Working on my first SqFT Garden and have a Zucchini plant growing and am curious if I have just one or several. This was a single plant purchased from one of the local stores but looking at it with my untrained eye I am seeing multiple stems coming out of the ground. There are a total of 5 (only 2 pictured.

Thoughts???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How many Zucchini do I have?

I would say you have 5 plants. Are they all planted in one square foot? I hope someone here will be able to let you know whether to remove a couple (maybe transplant) or just let things go as they are. If you have 5 plants in one place, that will be quite dense when they reach their growing size.

I bought one plant this year and found two in the pot, gently separated them so I have two good plants going, but not in one square foot.

o
RE: How many Zucchini do I have?

NO MORET THAN 2 PER HILL. me thinks. And it will be hard if not impossible to transplant them at tis stage.

Probably IT WAS NOT a single plant wehen you purchased it . The usually plant multiple seeds of cucurbits per cell. But when transplanting you should choose ONE, TWO or max THREE.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here