Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!! My plants got mixed up!!

Posted by tenderkat Z4/5 - 6500 ft (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 12, 09 at 19:53

I had a tray of zucchini, straightneck, pumpkin, and cucumbers get blown off my deck in a windgust. I had them in peat pots, set in rows, with the first pot marked to identify what each row was. They're all mixed up, and honestly, they all look pretty much the same to me. Is there any way to identify them?

I think I've found and seperated six of the cucumbers. Can I just plant the pumpkin and squash in a way that will suit both plants, and wait to find out what they are when the start producing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!! My plants got mixed up!!

Oh my.

At least they survived their experience and didn't break off.

Yes the pumpkins and squash can be planted and left to reveal their nature in due time. It might waste a little space compared to what the bush squashes would need if you knew which ones they were, but the basic needs of the plants are essentially the same.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here