Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shewhoseeks

Newbie-advice on bugs

shewhoseeks
15 years ago

I was looking for information on cantaloupe's in a web search and found this site..I read through almost all the posts and learned a lot.

My garden is an experiment this year, as I plan a raised bed garden next year, and planted some vegetables in my flowerbeds this year as a learning experience.

I am growing crook neck squash, cucumbers, cantaloupe, pumpkins, acorn and butternut squash, and ornamental gourds (that's just what fit's this forum)...

thankfully my cottage garden is large enough, though the gourds and pumpkin is taking over, and I have several fruits (or is it vegetables) on them

...the butternut and acorn are coming along slowly, I had them in container's to start...they didn't like that much, but are thriving in the ground.

Found out my squashes need a bit more water this month they yellowed a bit this last week...but the tomatoes don't like the water..so I won't do that again..

I have been getting 6 to 12 crookneck a week for the last month or so..so we that sure saves my budget..fortunately I have lots of bees...they visit my squash in the morning and my bee balm and flowers in the afternoon's... I have a flat green shield shaped bug I noticed recently..and seven dusted, but they aren't going away...what are they and will they hurt the squashes (I know they are eating the sweet potatoes, and beans, and something is attacking my tomatoes)..

If I knew how I would post a pic of my garden..I am pleased with it...

JEn

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH