Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancy2247

Gourd Newbie!

nancy2247
16 years ago

I am really "green" about raising gourds as have several gourd plants that are producing vines galore, "baby" gourds and a beautiful 9" (and still growing) gourd.

I am trying to comprehend all the notes about the limitations on the length of the vines, the male vs female coupling, and the diseases.

In the past few days I have seen some gourds that are mis-shapened with some with dark bottoms and some with yellow bottoms. What does this mean?

As I mentioned I have one beauty...which I am watching with batted breath...but my other gourds are still tiny...we just had an inch rainfall this afternoon (after my daily waterings of 1/2 mins) so hope this will help!

One of the fences with two plants got uprooted so will that hurt my two plants as the roots was hanging out....from a windstorm this afternoon.

Will be checking back 'n forth to find out what I can do and to report on daily/weekly reports on my gourd plants (have about 15 of them which are mounted on 6 6' tall trelis that I made so they should be sturdy enough to support all these gourds!

Thanks, Nancy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!