Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbmari

pumpkin paranoia!!

greenthumbmari
9 years ago

Ok so long story short, I have a pumpkin volunteer I just discovered last Thurs (7/3) amongst tons o weeds (and 2 tomatoes and 1 potato volunteers...shhheeeesh) and it is quite sizable!! I weeded everywhere to give it a chance (it was already mulched w dead leaves, I was working the soil but not intending to plant there....yet..long story). So I'm super paranoid about vine borers, most of the leaves and vines are huge and green and amazing and there's tons of buds, but some are broken and wilted... this thing seems so heavy and cumbersome, it's like the vines are making it angle and break weird...picture attached...i don't see the typical borer signs, frass or adults and some sites say it's too late in the season for them but...no chances! Is this just normal die-off? Should I prune the dead vines or wilted leaves or just let it do its thing? Are those whiteish spots powdery mildew or just normal leaf variations..?? It doesn't seem to come off when I touch it...ahhhh help...I'll be slowwwwly posting subsequent pics in follow ups...gardenweb blocked me from friday till a tech person was there today to reset my account, (due to me posting too many mystery volunteer pics too fast for ppl to ID for me, and thought I was spam)

Comments (6)

Sponsored