Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenquest_gw

First time growing Gourds, some questions and help needed

gardenquest
17 years ago

I planted some gourds called "fancy mix" from a burpe seed pack. I put them in a corner flower bed souther exposure - 10 + hours of sun a day, in our fenced yard. ( yard is very hot this time of year) it is growing like WILDFIRE! I placed a trellis and have wound it around, but i am still concerned it will not have enough room.

I have started to train it up some string tied to my fence...So i am wondering I planted it mid may and like i said it's growing like mad....seems everyday it has grown like a weed. I have flowers and fruit - everywhere, small but there. I am watering everyday - does it need that much water? what about mircle grow? Should i use it or just let it thrive its self? how large / long are the "arms" going to get? I am guessing the main one is about 6 ft right now.

Any more ides to keep it off the ground? ( i have dogs and children) and it is starting to sprawl on the ground.

can you share any more info / tips for me? I would really like to get as many fruit as i can without " cramping" the plant.

thank you

Comments (2)

Sponsored