Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cyumickey

have germination today!

cyumickey
15 years ago

I've had a heck of a time trying to start squash this year. Last week, I decided to try one more time. I've put seeds in the ground at least 3x now, but was having a hard time keeping the ground watered. Well, I've just had a drip line installed for my tomatoes, and they put some lines to where my squash seeds were. I went to check on them this morning (they are inside rings of cut-out plastic cups) and whaddya know? Germination! The funny thing is that I have some seedlings popping up outside the cups...where I had planted seeds a couple of months ago! So...now it's going to be a mystery what kind of squash I get. I know for sure I will have 8 ball zucchini and white pattypan, but will I also get delicata? Bush kabocha? Mini white cucumber?? If ALL my seeds germinate I'll be kind of upset, as my little garden will be overcrowded, and I won't know which ones to thin out! I am lucky to be in southern california, where the growing season is long and I can get summer squash in the fall...lol...just in time for a lot of zucchini bread, I suppose!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH