Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got gourds

Posted by wert9wert z10FL (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 05 at 16:08

I got about 5 gourds growing so far. Lots of male flowers - half as many female flowers. Biggest gourd is now about two inches long.

This is really fun!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got gourds

We've got lots of bloom, and lots of baby gourds coming on the vines. There are a few that are about 10 inches long. I see bunches of snake gourds and can't wait to see what they will do. This is about our 7th year growing gourds and its still exciting!!

Jan

o

Yesterday morning my biggest baby gourd was as long as my index finger, this morning it's almost as long as my hand.

I don't know if anyone remembers a previous post of mine relating to the mystery of exactly what kind of gourd seeds I had. I thought they were canteen, but it looks like they're bottle gourds - which is all fine and good as far as I'm concerned (this being my first year). I suppose I learned a good lesson - I bought these seeds from someone on Ebay. From now on I'll buy from reputable seed growers.

Got a book "The Complete Book of Gourd Craft". It's very inspiring.

o

gee mine are only just coming above the ground...am i late?

o

Hey DapperDahlia - Don't forget, I'm in So. Fla where the it's been extremely hot, humid, and raining several times each day. I'm sure you'll catch up ... probably surpass everyone else!

(p.s. my dahlias are about two feet tall with buds)

o

In SC, home of heat and humidity, my Corsican bowl gourds and bushel gourds are growing like crazy. At last count I have five bowl gourds that are the size of flat basketballs, dozens of babies, and my bushel gourds are about softball sized now. Every day in every way, they get better and better!

Casey

o

First time gourd grower planted seed in April And I have quite a few birdhouse gourds on the vine. I was not sure that they would have grown here ( I Live on an Island) Can not wait to harvest them!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here