Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White flowers?

Posted by albertar z7 LINY (albee7447@aol.com) on
Mon, Jul 12, 10 at 18:43

Does anyone know what curcubit would produce white flowers? We have a "surprise" vine growing, and its doing wonderfully, but I have no idea what it is. Definitly something in the curcubit family though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White flowers?

Most common is Lagenaria siceraria, the family commonly called hard shell gourds.

o

thank you farmerdilla, this seed had to have come from a bird, the vine is huge, and still growing.

Alberta

o

Could you send me a pic of the fruit when it starts producing? I have been looking for seeds for one that we used to grow and if you pick it before the shell gets too hard and peel it they are great for stir fries and soups. Mine looked sort of like a birdhouse gourd but didn't have much indentation at the neck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here