Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No female flowers

Posted by elsieart z9 Sacramento (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 18:59

I have four different kinds of pumpkins planted and all are apparently doing well. One of them has been producing male flowers for the past couple of weeks, and another is ready to bloom several male flowers. But none of them have any evidence of impending fruit. Is there something I need to do, other than just wait?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No female flowers

What you are experiencing is normal and there's nothing you can do. The female flowers should show up soon.

Rodney

o

They put out the male flowers early ... attracts pollinators and provides a place for "squash bees" to sleep.

When the female flowers show up, the pollinators are already there.

o

Thank you both! I'll stop obsessing about the pumpkins and get back to harvesting the tomatoes.

o

My first flower was a large female flower, but no male flowers. So it is sad to see the little fruit from the flower dies off. Now the plants send out so many flowers....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here