Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of gourd is this.

Posted by slimfatty 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 19:32

Hi guys can anyone tell me what kind of gourd this is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of gourd is this.

I don't know, but I'd love to grow those!! Beautiful.

o

Me too, and I use this as a rattle and did not want to cut it open...some one will know

o

My good friend works for the extension service and she's horticulture/agronomy, but also happens to be a pumpkin enthusiast! I sent this to her and she says it's a caveman's club, also called a dinosaur club!
https://www.harrisseeds.com/storefront/p-746-gourd-cavemans-club.aspx

o

OH??? my that is really weird, i have had this rattle for almost 10 years, and have called it my cave man rattle, so how cool to find out it is called a caveman gourd. thank you so much i will hunt for seeds!!!

slim

o

WHAT?? That's 10 years old?? Crazy!

o

Yep, dried it myself, it hung in a nice dry dark basement, has never rotted. Shakes and rattles very nicely. Will haver to try and grow some next year!,,,

o

Once gourds in the genus Lagenaria dry they last pretty much indefinitely.

Rodney

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here