Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inadequatedata

Zucchini problems- wilting and possible leafminers

inadequatedata
14 years ago

This is my first time doing any real vegetable growing, so I'm a little out of my depth here... I have a zucchini plant in a ten-gallon pot that seemed to be doing really well until about a week ago, when it started wilting severely- but only during the day. At night and in the early morning, it seems to perk up again, mostly. I thought maybe it's just collapsing in the heat- it's been 90+ degrees- but my other zucchini plant doesn't wilt during the day. It's about a week younger, though, and I don't know if that would make a difference.

I read that squash borers could cause wilt, but I looked at the stem and I don't see any signs of them- and besides, I don't think it would recover at night, would it? I'm not sure what's causing the problem, or if it even is one.

Additionally, I seem to have leaf miners on the same plant. Are they going to be a problem for it? Some internet sources seemed to indicate that the damage was only cosmetic, as long as you're not eating the leaves. Are they likely to spread to my other plants?

Any assistance would be much appreciated by this newbie gardener! Thanks!

-M

Comments (4)

Sponsored