Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Splotchy yellowing on straightneck squash

Posted by philliph 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 22:37

Can anyone tell me why some of the leaves are getting this splotchy yellowing on the leaves? The vast majority of the leaves look fine, and the plants all look very strong and healthy in general. I applied 13-13-13 when the plants were young, then applied 34-0-0 about 3-4 weeks after that. It's now been about another month or so. Perhaps there's a nutrient deficiency? My soil test indicates a good pH level. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Splotchy yellowing on straightneck squash

It does look like a nutrient deficiency. I used to know what it was by the look of those leaves, but I've forgotten. (Been over 29 years since I've had that problem).

I wouldn't be too worried as long as the plants are growing and producing. But I would consider side dressing with a good compost. It's easier to prevent the problem than to fix it, in my opinion. Simply make and use compost. This will buffer the soil and enable the plants to use available nutrients.

George
Tahlequah, OK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here