Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancinglemons

Battle plan - I think.........

dancinglemons
11 years ago

Hello all,

Well this year I began using AzaMax spray for cuke beetles and squash bugs. I gave up growing squash/pumpkins that were not in the C.moshata family due to SVB. This year DH extended one of our raised beds and we planted Okra directly across from the squash bed. Well the cuke beetles showed up right on schedule when the squash vines began to flower. I sprayed with the AzaMax as directed on the label and got pretty good results. Then between sprays I noticed the cuke beetles were all over the okra plants. I decided to watch for few weeks and now note that the okra plants are doing just fine with their shot--gun holes in the leaves from beetle feeding --AND-- the cuke beetles seem to stay mostly on the okra plants. Not 100% but I can live with this. Squash bugs are under great control -- if I had to guess I'd say 75% less infestation than 2011. AzaMax is expensive but I found a hydro store on e**Bay which had a great price AND free shipping.

DISCLAIMER::: I am in NO WAY affiliated with the folks who make AzaMax. I use it as directed on label and this post is only telling my results.

DL

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County